Saying goodbye to New York




October, 2001

Hey Janet -

Well, had to run out and get some more packing tape today. I got in a conversation with two women about trying to get back to a normal life. It seems everywhere you go here, people are attempting to be normal....but, there are still a lot of long faces.

Mayor Giuliani continues to beg New Yorkers to get out and spend money, and move about freely....People really seem to be trying, but its still hard to not feel so sad, guilty, depressed and mournful. The feelings go on and on and on............

The sad stories just continue to come out day after day. And, its just so hard to handle after awhile. I'm hoping that returning to Milwaukee will be a good fresh start for me. I need a bit of sunshine these days.

Think about it, since January of 2000, I've been unemployed (twice), got sick with no health insurance followed by Major female surgery, survived the dot com implosion and lived through the worlds worst terrorist attack.

That's a HELL of a lot of crap in a mere sixteen month period. My head is near ready to explode....and I'm using all my energy to keep myself together without dwelling too much on how my life sucks right now.

Wow, I've been here five years. I can barely believe that!

I can't tell you how many people have told me they are going to miss my stories when I'm gone. The whole PR department from the Jets e-mailed me their goodbyes...telling me they'll miss my stories most of all. Apparently, the Emergency Landing story circulated through that organization too! I should submit that story to a magazine or something.......

Heading to the airport to wait patiently for Mom. It'll be good to see her. I really need a hug in the worst way! Just sooo many emotions on this end.

See you soon.
Hugs: Ellen

No comments: